I started this blog after we had our baby, so I'd just like to give a little recap of past months.
A year ago my Christmas present to Roger was a baby name book--Letting him in on the secret that we were expecting. I was glad that I could finally talk about it with someone!
9 months went very quickly.
And now we have our little man here with us.
We decided to birth at home. And while I know that is not for everyone, it was definitely the right choice for us. I feel so blessed to have had such an amazing, spiritual event happen within the walls of our home.
A planned home birth requires a lot of preparation and I'm sure Roger had no idea the kind of nesting his wife would soon be overcome with.
After over a month of searching , I found my midwife Marinah who was just the peaceful soul that I needed to help me trust my motherly instincts. She is also a strong, intelligent woman who really knows her stuff. She reaffirmed to me that homebirth is not only a safe alternative, but a better option for many women.
Hypnobirthing classes were attended. Our instructor Sherry is another incredible human being with a beautiful understanding of the spiritual side of birth. After working with her I had confidence that I could surrender to what was natural and trust the process.
A tub was purchased and I was so glad that I had it.
The day came and my greatest support was my husband Roger. I will forever be grateful for his gentle strength-- (and his massage techniques!). I am so blessed that my experience was an empowering one. I never felt fear.
Morris Rollie came to us at 7:58 pm on Aug.17th weighing 7lbs. 8oz.
I'm not going to sugar coat anything. It was the hardest work I've ever done. And while my labor was relatively short, it was incredibly intense.
I liken it to running a marathon. Possibly the Boston Marathon.
And so worth it!
i'm so glad you told that story! i had no idea you did a home birth. having had almost no epidural with gus, i applaude you and understand the pain. at least gus was only 6 oz 11 lb. good work!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading!
ReplyDelete