Tuesday, September 16, 2008

C & N

This isn't actually my ultrasound pic. I stole it off the internet. Our twins are pretty equal in size...
So Rog, me, and the babies in my belly took a trip to get an ultrasound yesterday. This is the one where they check twins initially for growth, brain development and any abnormalities. All is going great: ) Everything looks healthy and I am grateful that I am feeling so good physically at this point. Glad to be done with the yucks. This time around we had a MUCH better technician. He was hilarious, loved his work, and definitely knew his stuff. I enjoyed hearing all the specifics about how they can tell the brain is developing properly as well as ruling out any special circumstances with my pregnancy. The first ultrasound we had, the technician was very cold and tight lipped. Wouldn't tell us a dang thing, other than, "There's movement here, and here. Honey, that means you have two babies" (As if I was a child and she was breaking bad news to me). We asked if she could tell if they were boy/s or girl/s and she very curtly said they wouldn't tell us until 20 weeks. She also informed us she shouldn't even tell us, but that they are fraternal twins. Why would that be a big secret? I don't know. Anyway, enough about her. So Denzil (our cool techie), asked if we would like to know the sexes. I am only at 16 weeks, so we were excited.
Two boys.
I'm outnumbered.
Drowning in a sea of testosterone at this house.
I love it.
We were thinking of naming them Hanz and Franz to honor my favorite SNL sketch from the 80's. But then I decided, "Ya know, Roger really let me have free reign and I got to name Morris. I'll let him have the honor this time".
So we are going with Chuck and Norris. Only the coolest man to walk the face of the planet. MacGyver runs a close second in my mind, but Chuck is truly our man. Besides, Mac & Gyver doesn't have the same ring...
When Chuck Norris jumps into a pool,
he doesn't get wet.
The pool gets Chuck Norris'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment