Monday, January 5, 2009

Freedom of Choice Act

Click colored text for links
I have mentioned my feelings about the upcoming FOCA legislation. It scares me. It is dangerous legislation and must be exposed. I support the office of President and will pray for our President Elect. I cannot however, stand by while FOCA is put into action. Today I tried to do a small part to vocalize my feelings. I worked with some amazing women (click here) to create a short film (which I will post) highlighting the effects this bill will have on all.--Pro-life and pro-choice alike. It ain't good, people. It just ain't good.
I have always been Pro-Life, but this took on a whole new meaning the moment I gave birth to my twins.
They were the same weeks of gestation (23 weeks) that a partial birth abortion can take place (20-40 weeks). When they were born, and I held them in my arms, breathing, eyes open, hearts beating,--It became crystal clear. Abortion is murder. I felt their very distinct personalities in the womb. They were human beings--not just "in viable fetuses". They have spirits and they can feel. Any woman who has ever had an ultrasound can tell you that the baby/babies move like crazy during the U/S. That is because they FEEL the ultrasonic waves. And you know what? If they can feel that, they can feel pain. Even at only a few weeks gestation.
The Freedom of Choice Act is a lie. A lie that says there is a choice to be made. In reality, it takes away the choice of the baby. The Freedom to LIVE.
With abortion, two people go in.
One walks out.
I've quoted Obama before HERE.
"The first thing I'll do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act."
This is very real. And it is happening.
*What is the Freedom of Choice Act?
Senator Barbara Boxer, co-sponser of the bill, has said: "The Freedom of Choice Act supersedes any law, regulation or local ordinance that impinges on a woman’s right to choose. That means a poor woman cannot be denied the use of Medicaid if she chooses to have an abortion." In other words, state governments and the federal government would be mandated to fund abortion with taxpayer money.
David Freddoso elaborates on what this bill entails:
This bill would effectively cancel every state, federal, and local regulation of abortion, no matter how modest or reasonable. It would even, according to the National Organization of Women, abolish all state restrictions on government funding for abortions. If FOCA goes through, then everyone who pays income tax will be paying an abortionist to perform an abortion.
This is promising:
*to abolish state laws that protect doctors and nurses from losing their jobs if they refuse to participate in abortions.
*to abolish requirements of informed consent for mothers who consider the procedure.
*to allow ANYONE (not only licensed physicians) to perform abortions.
*to eliminate rules stating that parents must be informed and give consent to their minor daughter's abortion.
I can't judge another woman for having an abortion. That is not my job and I have never been in the position of pregnancy without preparedness or medical a situation in which it was suggested. But I have to believe that if women truly knew the eternal and lasting effects abortion would have on their hearts, minds, and bodies, they would not make that choice.
It is important to note that FOCA would obliterate any requirements for women to receive information before an abortion to understand the physical and emotional effects of the procedure (Post Abortion Syndrome).
It has been discovered that there are many emotional and physiological aspects that can affect the well being of women who undergo an abortion. These emotions include guilty feelings, anxiety, depression, loss, anger,and even suicide.
Physiological complications that can result are future miscarriages, infertility and ectopic pregnancies, breast cancer and even death of the woman.
Abortions are not good for anyone.
Mother.
Baby.
Anyone.
So what can you do?
Sign the petition. But signing the petition is just the first step. Petitions enable our government leaders to see the widespread support for or against a particular piece of legislation. But we can’t stop at that. There are more ways to take a stand. For example, soon (if you’re on the mailing list) AUL Action will let you know how to contact your Congressional Leaders through AULaction.org, and send them a personal note expressing your opposition to FOCA.
some info is from HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment