art credit: Craig Stephens"The pupil dilates in the night, and at last finds day in it, even as the soul dilates in misfortune, and at last finds God in it." --Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"
I thought of Victor Hugo's text when I came upon this painting by Craig Stephens. The longer I look at it, the brighter it becomes. The more details emerge from the canvas.
I feel so fortunate to have sought God with a new intensity this year.
I will expound later...Until then,
I know God lives.
I know that Jesus is the Christ.
Thankfully, this is all that matters.
I feel so fortunate to have sought God with a new intensity this year.
I will expound later...Until then,
I know God lives.
I know that Jesus is the Christ.
Thankfully, this is all that matters.
love it.
ReplyDeleteI love when you share your testimony, it is so strong and sweet. I'm looking forward to hearing more. And we should get together soon! It has been too long!
ReplyDeleteI am writing down the quote and the name of the author. Thank you my little curator of art.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great quote- and perfectly fitting of the painting. I like it.
ReplyDelete