You know when you have so much to say, that you don't know where to start?
The longer I take to find my words, the worse it gets. On top of that, my camera is lost--so I can't use photos to skip the 1000+ words. Oh well, I have accepted that I can never convey everything I am thinking/feeling.
First, a huge thanks to Jill & Brad, Marie, Reachel & Andrew, Blake and Ashley, Chase and Holly, Tyler and Kelli, Kelly and JC, Bishop & Sister Winward, and Denise for packing, loading and giving up time with loved ones to help us on our way. We did not ask any of them---they just showed up. A miracle for me, as I was pretty spent emotionally and physically.
Also, thank you to the Mike Coleman clan, the Phelps, the Rays, the Websters, and Maria for tending Mo while I tried to organize for the move. And finally, thank you to everyone for the prayers, emails, comments and sending positive vibes our way.
When we arrived, members of the Vista 5th ward were here to clean my house (!?!?) and unload boxes. I don't even know their names. This post is a lame excuse for a thank you note, but please know how much your service has meant to us.
The following is a passage from the testimony I gave in the Park Center ward. I feel it all over again as I think of this last week.
"I can never fully express my gratitude for the service we received when we returned from the hospital at the hands of ward members and from many friends, many not of the LDS faith. The meals, laundry pick-ups, calls, the prayers---these acts of service were truly errands of angels. I know that when we pray for help, the Lord does send angels—sometimes help is provided by heavenly beings—but quite often, maybe more often, help is given by those right around us willing to act on the promptings of the spirit. I need to be a better servant here in Zion, as I have had the most amazing examples."
I can see why they would want to help, you are one of the loveliest people I know. :)
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you made it there safely and it all went smoothly. i'm sorry i was sick with the flu/strep throat so i couldn't help as much as i wished i could. i miss you so much today. remember not to set your expectations for yourself too high right now. you have a lot of adjusting to do. just work slowly and find the time to incorporate mo into your cleaning or picking up. it makes a huge difference.
ReplyDeleteyou don't have to do all the service in the world right now. you have the rest of your life to do it when your body is ready for it and it will tell you. listen to it. she knows what is goin on. :)
good luck over there! i wish so badly i could come help. but hang on and i am sure i will see you this summer.
and kiss mo for me too. :)
SO good to hear you are there safe and you have been so sweetly taken care of.. a blessing in the service of others for sure!! I am so grateful to hear this good news and I "Welcome" you to your new pad!!! Now the fun getting to know your neighbors and decorating!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you made it there safely and with a huge welcome! Don't worry about my shower, you have a lot on your plate right now. I figured you'd probably be gone by then, but in the off chance that you were still in town, I wanted you to know you were invited. It would have been nice to see you, but perhaps a trip out to California is due here real soon.
ReplyDelete