Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why I'm so stinkin happy~ #1

Like I said, we've got lots to celebrate.
Over the coming days, I'll be sharing bits of happy news. One by one. Please forgive me in advance for sounding all Pollyanna. I just need to celebrate the good right now. You understand, don't you?
We've been homeless for nearly 3 weeks. A couple days after we returned to AZ, we learned we were outbid last minute on our "live-in-it-till-we-die" dream house. We couldn't go any higher.
I was bummed, to say the least.
And when I'm this pregnant, crammed into a tiny space surrounded by boxes, with no real hope of having a home before our baby comes~ I get emotional. Go figure.
I understand a tad better what Roger goes through every day in Real Estate. Right now, the market is quite tedious. Banks are holding on to inventory so as to not dilute the industry with foreclosures, which would lead to even lower prices. Smart for banks, Lame for buyers---cause there ain't much out there to look at. Every day Roger scours the valley to find perfect houses for his purchase clients. Then he fights hard and works tirelessly to get them in one. It's a nerve racking process and he is darn good at making clients happy.
Anyway, a couple times he has found that perfect house at an auction.
When he told me this, I scoffed. Really? An auction? Isn't that some infomercial you see on TV at 2 am?
"Buy your house for just PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!!!"

Well apparently, it actually happens.
I won't go into great and boring detail but, we found a great house (Which I adored the first time we walked through. I know better than to do that), we called to place an offer and found out the bank had quit accepting bids. It was going to auction in a week. Holy cow, that was bananas. Such a huge purchase by raising your paddle and hoping you get it? From start to finish was about 45 seconds. We prevailed! (The best part is that we got it cheaper than we could have offered the bank.)It needs a serious facelift, which I love. I get excited ripping out nasty carpet and picking paint colors. No major repairs on this one, just the fun stuff: ) I'm only bummed I'm so pregnant and can't do any of the actual work. Nothing bonds a family like laying a wood floor. Some of our best memories were knocking down walls and installing bathroom vanities. Seriously.
In the next month I'll be posting some before and afters. Our goal is to be in the house by my birthday. We'll be hosting a HUGE Cinco de Mayo party. If you read this blog, you are invited. Mark your calendar.
05-05-10

It's got a ring to it, doesn't it? I think this is the year of positive change for me.
So many times the Lord has saved me from myself.
I look back at the house I thought was perfect for us. Our "dream" house. I have to laugh. It would have been the money pit! It needed major repairs and then all the cosmetic stuff on top of that. We will end up in a safer neighborhood as well.I just don't know why I ever question what the Lord has in store. It is always infinitely better than what I have planned.

Below are a few pics I'm using as inspiration for our remodel~

No comments:

Post a Comment