
I am grateful for fresh, clean, running water.
Is it just me or does this picture make you thirsty?
I cannot imagine not having the luxury of clean water.
Today as I was chugging my 10th glass of water (seriously. It's like 108 degrees here folks.) I thought, "How easy was that? I just went to the fridge and got ice, and clean water and a little spritz of lemon (cause I can't take my water without a little spritz of lemon. I'm that spoiled), and I didn't have to walk 7 miles to get it, or carry it in a 5 gallon jug on my head like much of the world does". And even then, their water usually isn't clean.
Every month, members of the LDS church have the opportunity to skip 2 meals (fasting) and donate the money that would have been spent on those meals to humanitarian efforts. Some of these efforts include bringing water systems to remote villages that wouldn't otherwise have those needs met. It's pretty rad, and I'm grateful for organizations that ease the burdens of others. What a blessing that I am in a position to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment