Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm asking you:


What helps you when life throws a curve ball?

Do you have any daily rituals or practices that help you cope?

Your words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Please, share~

15 comments:

  1. several deep breaths with my eyes closed in a quiet room. 3-5 minutes if i can. it gets me through the next few hours at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying... talking to my sister (she makes everything better), a deep breath and trying to remember that others have been through things similar or have it much worse off then me. Sometimes just saying things out load make what ever IT is not so bad. Perspective.... we have all the answers... it's whether we can see beyond the here and now that goofs us up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long hugs and long talks with the husband. And depends on the curve ball I will cuddle in bed alone under my nest of blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer. Long talks with friends. Being held by my husband while I cry (depending on how big the curve is...). For smaller ones...escaping into a good book helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running. Creating things. Talking with friends. getting outside. imagination. sense of humor. I have all sorts of tricks that I use. :)sometimes I just need to let myself be sad and realize there are good days and bad days. It is okay as long as there are a lot more good ones than bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer. Going to the temple. Letting myself cry. Opening myself up to those who love me. Priesthood blessings...that one is soooo helpful. And cutting myself some slack. It's okay to give yourself some time to pick up the pieces.
    My mom always tells me that what gets her through is the thought: The Lord has always been there for you before, He's not going to drop you now. That helps me too, remembering the hard times that I've gotten through and the tender mercies of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny things my kids say that make me laugh...that's why I document them on my blog...also, other experiences (happier times) that I can look back on and smile. Also, the comforting words of friends is HUGE in my life. Thanks for being one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. watching the sunrise, a very wise midwife once told me that the morning sun heals... she is right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heavens if you find a trick, secret or shortcut, PLEASE share.

    Lately I curl into the fetal position and don't move for days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nutella. Exercise. Writing. In no particular order. Those seem to be daily things for me lately, though. Oh, and prayers on my knees (not my sleepy in bed already prayers).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crying... or playing the Piano, Dancing... just to excape into the music!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A handful of equal parts bittersweet chocolate chips and pecans, earplugs and a small room with a locking door.

    ReplyDelete
  13. exercise. alone. not the horrible kind of "exercise" where your kids are interupting or you are pushing them in a stroller but ALONE time to think, cry, breath, push, sweat, etc.

    I cant believe it's been two years.

    ReplyDelete