Monday, November 8, 2010

Pick-Me-Up

Remember Leigh? She photographed Danny's birth and gifted me his Birthstory? She has the most awesomest project ever going on HERE called Shape of a Home. '
What she says:
"...I realized, after many years as a SAHM of a brood of kids, that us mamas are coerced and encouraged to hide ourselves. In small and big ways, but ways that all matter. Ways that foster feelings of solitude, resentment, grief, competition, disconnectedness, judgement, and shame...
We live in an over-edited world; our original image always getting trimmed and cut and retouched.
Surely we don’t love doing this. I don’t. But we do it. We believe we must.
And so, like everything else we feel unworthy to share, our secrets stay hidden.

I hope by sharing real, unaltered, unedited photos of the Shape of My Home I can inspire other mamas (and dads) to LET GO of allowing ourselves to be Boxes. Boxed in, boxed up, and boxed in the heart.

Reveal your Shapes. And your worth.

Because you are priceless."

I'm joining in. You?

8 comments:

  1. You inspire me. I'm in too.


    (and it's ABOUT time somebody did this!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I just found a bunch of pictures on my camera that Trayser took yesterday... my house is a total disaster! Don't know if I am brave enough to post them though! :) I'm inspired to think about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it!!!! I love having that moment that I realize everyone else's house gets a little crazy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this when I first started blogging because that is what I hate about blogging - fakeness. Only posting the clean rooms, the happy times, the posed pictures. I wanted to be real. So I posted my mess and I posted a self photo on a day when I wasn't wearing any make-up. It seemed so hard for me to actually post a picture without make-up. I thought I looked so hideous.

    I was looking back at that post a few weeks ago and I had to laugh at myself. Now it's run of the mill to make public appearances without hair or make-up done. And I think I actually look pretty darn good in that "hideous" picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, wow, thank you for the love! A love I share, beyond the beyond, for THIS blog and THIS community right here.
    But SOAH is about all of us; the secrets that keep us from connecting deeper to each of our wondrous selves.
    I hope you all send photos. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sink photo looks a LOT like my sink photo:
    http://www.lyndsayjohnsonblog.com/2010/10/lazy-day.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete