Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Eat Pete!


My kiddos make me laugh on a daily basis. It's my one and only New Years Resolution ... Laugh more. So they are giving me a hand.

Saturday night when we were putting Mo to bed, he started this dramatic rendition--

"PLEAse Mama. Don't leave me here! Oh, Mama! PLEASE!".

It was so dramatic-- even for him. I said, "Huh?"

He said very matter of factly, "Just kidding" and rolled over to go to sleep.

Yesterday at church Mo went to his first day of Sunbeams in Primary. I hadn't really thought too much about it before hand, but after sleeping on it, I realize how well he did. No tears, no worries. He loved it. And apparently his new favorite game is Don't Eat Pete. They say he laughed for 20 minutes straight. A giggle fit so intense they almost brought him to me for fear he might pee.

Danny has been head bobbing lately. Anytime he hears a beat, his head starts going. He has discerning taste however. The other day I was riding in the back with the boys while Roger drove. A car blasting gangsta rap pulled up next to us. Danny started nodding his head at first, then looked at me confused--as if to say, "This isn't music". It was a proud moment.

Man I love these boys.

8 comments:

  1. I love your stories! And what a great resolution! I think we could all work on that one--and we'd all be better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever something makes me laugh, I *always* think "man, I really need to do that more". When I'm feeling angry and tense and out of control, laughing breaks the spell - but it's so hard to want to do it in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Love the head bob story! That must have been a proud moment indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...glad Dan has good taste in music (not that he would have anything else with his talented parents :) and also glad that Mo loves Primary! What a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sad to say... My son thinks he's a thug? lol they are so funny at these ages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey now, rap is music!! I like to get down to some rap every once in a while, though the kids haven't heard it yet, lol. Mason's just started to dance, but all he does is bend his knees and flap his arms. I'm afraid he takes after me in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yipee I get to comment!! I absolutely ADORED this head bobbing/rap story! It made me laugh out loud and I'm all by myself. I also love that Mo totally realized he was being way over the top and decided not to own up to it and just roll over and go to sleep. Kids are such a delight. We are so fortunate aren't we?

    ReplyDelete