Tuesday, May 3, 2011

GratiTuesday

This week I turn 30. It's true. And something feels so fresh about this year, it's exciting. I feel that I'm finally shedding some of my outer layer. Letting go of that which does not serve me and distilling my daily acts to match my life's purpose. It's flippin' hard, but there are moments-- like right now-- after a crazy day of crying, grumpy children, tons of chores left undone and unwashed hair-- that I can see clearly. All that stuff, it's necessary to my path. I can't really understand another mother until I've survived several 3 year old tantrums by noon and had leftover breakfast oatmeal in my hair that gets fished out at dinner. I believe that every day I gain another small measure of gratitude for the life my own mother has lived. God bless her.



She has been there for us through our hardest trials. Financial struggles, having babies, moving, moving, and moving again. Losing babies and struggling to magnify my church callings. She's experienced all of that herself and is someone I know can really relate. Right now she lives in Idaho, and from what I hear, she's been having fun on the farm toys; harvesting the fields, bailing hay, mowing lawns and breathing that fresh, clean, Idaho air. I love you, Mom!



8 comments:

  1. Your mom is so beautiful - just like you!

    I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Turning 30 is quite an event. It's a time you will always remember. I loved turning 30. I finally felt like a true adult. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother is lovely!

    Happy birthday! I'll be 30 this year, too. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Em!! I hope you have a fabulous day... even better, a fabulous month. I had no idea you had launched your own business. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And yes your mother is so beautiful just like you!
    I miss you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your mom is just BEAUTIFUL! That explains a few things, Miss Emily Ruth. The eyes, I see them!

    I'm having a better day too (to put it mildly). I love the days when we can focus and appreciate our trials and our "everyday" for what it really is - which is beautiful.

    (Oh, and happy birthday! Might as well get a head start on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our mom is beautiful. Wow, where did you get a copy of this? I would love it if you sent me the electronic copy. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you inspire me so much. this post is like poetry.

    ReplyDelete