Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The flood or the fan

Gratitude:
Last Friday I stayed true to some goals I've been struggling with, but because of this was running about 5 minutes late. Just as I was about to rush out the door, I heard a hissing that sounded like sprinklers outside. I wanted to ignore it and get going, but something told me to be still. And listen.
So I did and realized the sound was coming from *inside* my house. Lo and behold it was coming from behind my fridge. As I pulled it away from the wall, an almost imperceptible spurt was coming from the water line. By the time I got a towel it had increased to a steady stream. By the time I had turned off the water to the house, a growing puddle had formed. My friends, I would have been gone already, had I not kept my commitments, and it would have been for over 6 hours. This would have completely flooded my house in that time. So today I am feeling grateful for the Spirit who guides and a loving Father in Heaven who is aware of each of us. Sometimes He knows I'll learn more from the flood. And sometimes He spares the flood and I learn to be still, and listen.
Carry on, Warriors.

#ShareGoodness #Gratitude