Friday, December 28, 2007

What the World Needs Now...

I have a lot of pretty vivid memories of my childhood. One thing I love reminiscing about is Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Partly because I lived out in the middle of nowhere desert-land with no traditional neighborhood in site and partly because I felt he really cared about me. Today I read a little more about his show came to be...
"Mr. Rogers, in 1969, went to the Washington to ask for funding for his children's TV program. He recited the words to this little song, whose lyrics the children helped provide...
"What do you do with the mad that you feel?"
His program, he said, offered something besides shooting each other "with the mad that you feel." That, said Mr. Rogers, was what children saw on all the other other TV programs. He got $20 million in 6 minutes."
Now, I'm making a pact that at some point in my child's lifetime, I will find a way to get $20 million to go to a great cause. Mr. Rogers did it in 6 minutes, so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment