Thursday, July 31, 2008

What is your story?


Many of you already know that I am a bit of a birth fanatic. I am just in awe of the magnificence of a woman's ability to nurture a child during pregnancy, during birth and of course when baby has arrived. Cliche, but it is simply miraculous.

Regarding pregnancy and birth, I feel that each woman must make the choices that are right for her, and those choices are not the same for every woman. Women need to feel safe wherever they birth, whether that be in a hospital, birthing center or in the home.


Right now I am working on a project and I need your help!

What is your birth story?

Where did you choose to birth and why?

What was your experience?

What was your husband's role and feelings during the birth?

What did you learn from your birth; before, during and after?

If you birthed naturally, what helped you most to do this?

Did your mother tell you your own birth story?

What were your plans/hopes prior to the birth?
How have your births been different from each other? The same?

Would you do anything differently?

And anything else you would like to share regarding birth or motherhood...


Also, please let me know if you prefer your thoughts not be shared with others. If you don't mind sharing, tell me if you would like to do so anonymously or named.

Email me at emidinkl@Yahoo.com


THANK YOU! I look forward to hearing your stories: )

-Emily

P.S. If you know anyone else who likes to share their birthstories, please forward this request.

No comments:

Post a Comment