I usually write a huge list of resolutions, but for me that little exercise has just become absurd. I've finally become aware of something. I don't know myself as well as the Lord does. (Hmm...really?) I think I know what I need to work on, and he just shows me otherwise. Probably because I pick the easy ones--"Get organized?" he smiles to himself. I think not. How about, "Yoga more regularly? Drink more water?"--go deeper.This Past year I was blissfully un aware of just how the Lord would show me my weaknesses--the heavy burdens that would come to our doorsteps. I hope I'm learning what he has wanted for me to learn. This year, I pray I can continue in his schooling with more faith, humility, gratitude, forgiveness, patience & love. I don't really feel I can ask for things to get easier, rather that I be made stronger through the Lord's ways to rise to the challenge. That is my New Year's Resolution- To find small ways to be better and give more service.
No comments:
Post a Comment