Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm a Survivor

Well. The boys' due dates have passed.


That's right. Due dateS. Plural. Did you know twins can have each their own due date?


I had schemed to have one on the 4th at 11:55 p.m. and the other at 12:05 a.m. on the 5th.


I wanted to give them each their own birthdays.


One of the many rad things I would have done as a mother of twins in this life.


Cause I'm cool like that.


One day...


Overall, the last week has been rough. I'm not going to lie.


It's pretty lame trying to be patient to raise them.


A million more to go, but we've survived that first milestone.


This is pretty much why:



10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for what you are going through and for your tragic loss. I'm thankful that you have Morris, though.

    I'm not sure what your beliefs are in regards to souls, so I'm hoping I don't offend you by suggesting this, but I believe that the souls of our loved ones are with us sometimes. I feel in my heart that God lets them be near us when we need them. That's just a comforting thought for me...that when I'm deeply missing someone who's passed that they can be right by my side holding my hand without me even knowing it.

    I wish I had the right words to comfort you...I guess all can say is I'll pray for your healing. I wish there was more that I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you, em. my heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you've had a hard week. I too wish there was something I could do, but I realize that there isn't. Just know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could bite mo's cheeks right off! can't wait to see him soon!

    and yes, you are a survivor. and my current favorite, at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, a complete stranger, am thinkin' of you, and prayin' for you. It's been 11 birthdays since my first baby's loss, and I miscarried baby #8 this year. Her due date last month was a very tough day for me.

    All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry em. I can't imagine the ache you must be feeling right now. You are in my every prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Emily, I am so sorry you are feeling such loss. What a hard week for you. I could tell by your last post that you were feeling down, and now I know why. I have a friend who lost a child and she said it won't always hurt this bad. I hope that gives you some sort of comfort. My prayers are with you and your family. BTW, you make beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an incredible survivor and offer hope and support for many with your honesty. Love to you and your sweet little family. I'm so glad I "found" you through blogging. Crazy as it sounds, I think of you a lot and find myself offering a little prayer for your ache.

    hugs,
    april

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely cool like that.

    I think that sometimes surviving is all you can do. Thanks for letting us into your life and your struggles. You are a friend I think of often, even though we don't "really" know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a warrior, a goddess, a moon beam, a quiet river, a raging storm, a blossom, a cavern, a spiral, a mother.
    You are light.
    Your boys are too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete