Friday, April 3, 2009

On the roof

Fiddler is a poignant show for me to be working on right now. While the story of a Jewish man (Tevye) living with his family in early 1900's Russia is not exactly akin to my life, I do feel a few moments of dialogue are a page from my inner circumstances.
I saw this show when I was in high school.
I didn't get it.
As a teenager I was so sure I had been through an entire lifetime of lessons--thought I knew everything. Now I am convinced that the more I learn, the more, I realize, I don't know.
At the beginning of the show, Tevye explains the role of God's law in providing balance in the villagers' lives. He insists that without traditions, he and the other villagers would find their lives "as shaky as a fiddler on the roof."
Fiddler on the Roof
April 15th-18th at
Heritage Academy
32 South Center
Mesa, Arizona 85210
ticket reservations (480) 969-5641

1 comment:

  1. hooray! hooray! i'm so excited to see the product of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete