The first couple of times it happened, I tried to brush it off. Smile and say, "It's okay". I tried to not feel my innards shift completely into my throat and my heart sink below my stomach. Even though I was dying inside, I tried to not scream their names at the top of my lungs.
Sheldon and Thomas. Sheldon and Thomas!
They were alive.
They were human beings.
If you love someone, if you are close to someone, you learn their names, right?
Not just the ones who are living.
It hasn't even. Been. A. Year.
"Not everyone feels your loss the way you do, Emily. People have to move on".
I get it. I truly do.
I don't expect strangers and acquaintances to remember. Even friends I don't see that often.
But this has happened with those who should know.
Please remember their names.
Sheldon Childers.
Thomas Childers.
No comments:
Post a Comment