Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Burden Was Made Light

Awhile back I read a dear friend's blog in which she posed the question, "Why do we have trials?". She wrote a very thoughtful post and was so genuine in her yearning to know why God would allow us to experience such pain on the earth--why he would allow children and innocent persons to suffer. I am grateful for her honesty as it really got me thinking and praying about this important question.

Many of you have seen THIS video already. If you haven't, please take the time. It may change the way you see your life. The way you see your trials. It may just get you thinking.

One of the many quotes that really struck me...

-->
“It was merely the Savior working through me. I had merely put myself in a situation to be a vessel through which the spirit, through which his example, through which his knowledge, his intelligence, his brilliance could shine. That’s really all I had to do- was to not get in the way of that ... I really didn’t have much to do with any of the goodness which has come out of that ... I'm grateful that God allows tragedies and trial to occur in our lives-- not because they're easy or because they're desired but because they help us love. "
~Chris Williams