I can't believe I haven't written here in 2 weeks. That's the longest I've gone in this blog's history without a post. A lot has been going on. And some of it is crazy-heavy for me. In hard ways and in beautiful ways. In heart breaking ways and heart bursting ways. Life is this amazing roller coaster ride sometimes, isn't it? I need GratiTuesdays to bring me back to center and remember all that I am blessed with. I recommit to posting my gratitude every week. More to come tomorrow. For now~
I am incredibly grateful for God's angels on the earth.
I had recently been praying about a decision and driving home one day I came to a conclusion about my choice. But I started wondering about it and needed confirmation that I was on the right track. I needed to know that the Lord's hand was in it.
I arrived home to find an anonymous act of kindness. It was exactly what I needed and the accompanying note reminded me that the Lord was mindful of me and all my day to day stuff. That "stuff" may seem inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but if it's causing us heartache, the Lord cares.
Another great lesson in this for me was that we are all his angels. His hands. Sometimes the only way he can answer a prayer for one of our spirit brothers or sisters is through us. I need to listen to those promptings more...
A great quote for today:
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
— C.S. Lewis
Happy GratiTuesday!
What are you grateful for?
Sorry heavy things are on your plate right now...the gratitude thing is key to staying centered for me. If I post about gratitude, you pretty much know that actually my day was pretty sucky but I am trying to rise up! Some days I am just grateful because I am but more often than I not, I use gratitude as a tool to pull me out of a funk.
ReplyDeleteThose people that the Lord puts in each of our lives is the only way that I get through the hard times. I've been in a funk myself, but I'm climbing my way out. I so glad you have supportive people in your life to help you get through as well. Keep plugging away and I'll be praying for you. Love you Em.
ReplyDeletei'm grateful for your good example. love you!
ReplyDeleteHugs for whatever you are going through. <3
ReplyDeleteUgh,... sorry you have so much heaviness in your sphere right now and a big Thank You for your gratiTuesday's to remind me of whats more important on a daily basis. Hugs
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Emily. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteAlisa
I love my little sis. Thanks for your heart and example. The Lord is definitely mindful of us as he is even the fallen sparrow. I am thankful I know that. I'm thankful for you. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete