Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GratiTuesday-- Alive

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
~Harold Whitman
A friend reminded me of this quote today. I've always loved it, but she sent it at just the right moment. I'm in a new place in my life. A place of open-ness--finally content to receive another calling. First I am a wife. Then a mother, and then a daughter/sister/friend. But other than those roles, I have been searching for more purpose. I would pray and pray to know what this feeling is that I have, to serve in another capacity. So I've been busy working on that. I'll know better how to talk about it in the coming weeks, but for now I just want to say that I am feeling really, really,

Alive.