Wednesday, April 27, 2011

dust angels





This afternoon has been nice. Getting work done on the computer as I watch the boys play outside in the yard. The yard of dirt. Don't get me started on the lawn we've planted 4 times. Apparently the African Sumacs that line our fence providing awesome shade are also poisonous to grass and give shade at the wrong time of day conducive to lawn growth. I digress.

So I look out seeing their dirty little hands and faces, pathetically playing in the dirt. I thought, "Oh man. I need to get out more with them". So I say, "Mo, would you like to go on a ride to the park?"-- because of course the park with gorgeous green grass and large play structures would be more fun than our back dirt, right?

He called back, "No mom. I'm just having fun"-- as he lays down in the dirt, pushing his arms and legs side to side as one would do in the snow.

Kids are just gold aren't they?
I'm trying to be a better mom. Trying to keep my cool intact when the milk spills and trying to find the silver lining when things don't go my way. My boys are already pretty good at that (except when Mo's Transformer breaks-- then all bets are off).

Oh, and would you be a dear and enter my Giveaway over HERE ? 4 ways to enter and it's really easy. Truly. I don't ask you to do any back flips or any crazy stuff. Promise. And while you're at, wanna "like" my Peaceful Birth Services FB page? Thanks.