Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GratiTuesday

I realize I need to step it up a notch on GratiTuesdays.
Today I had to dig deep to find my true gratitude. Some days are easier than others and the feelings just wash over me. I feel so blessed it hurts, my heart bursts and I can hardly contain my emotion.
But if I'm being completely honest with you, today I was a whiner. Everything felt hard. It seemed nothing was going my way and I internally complained to the Lord about every 5 minutes.
Tonight as I was putting Mo to bed, he put his hands on my cheeks and pulled my face close--With that simple gesture I think I felt a small part of the endless, complete love our Father in Heaven has for all of us. And the memory of all my blessings came flooding to the forefront of my mind. How do I forget so dadgum quickly?
I feel grateful for running water-- to brush my teeth and wash my face. Such a gift. Tonight it meant everything as I needed to refresh from this day~