Thursday, July 7, 2011

11,028

I've been on this planet for 11,028 days. It's kind of crazy to think about it that way. I feel like I've learned a lot and there's so much more to learn. I'm not content, yet I'm pleased with the progress so far. My current status is not one I'd recommend. I'm gradually getting over the shock of it to be honest with you, however I've finally come to a place of peace. Make no mistake about it, it's flipping hard to be a single parent.  Divorce always complicates and I already feel complicated. Anyway, I have no intentions of airing laundry or telling details at all really (Ugh. I can't stand gossip), but I realize I must continue to document our journey and what we're learning in this new phase. Our family has changed yet we are still a family. Messy and imperfect, yes. And still a family.