This morning set the scene for one of my lowest moments ever. I wanted to retreat even deeper into my cave and never emerge. Then from an unexpected source, I read these words:
"Are periods of trial bad times to connect with others? To develop friendships? Because we're 'not ourselves'? Or... when we're broken and humble, are we our truest selves?"
To all of you who have been with me over the last couple of years and even more recently, I thank you. You are seeing the true Emily, and I certainly have my rough features. I am broken. In the wake of my greatest life failure, I am certainly humble. While I will spare the details I won't hide the fact that I am suffering. I didn't want this. I never planned for this and those of you who have touched my life with a text, an email or a phone call--- please know, especially if I haven't responded (yet), that your friendship is so appreciated. I am moved to tears with your generosity and support.
So I'd like to just say, even the worst of days can turn around. Even the darkest of moments can bring us to places of peace and rest. Inspired friends make all the difference.