Moments like what just happened are why i blog. i'm putting everything aside for a few minutes to record this precious memory before i lose the details...
Mo came up to me asking if Sheldon and Thomas could see us from the spirit world. i said that i imagined there are times they might be close and maybe even check in on us, if we need support.
He said he wanted to make them some paper airplanes like what he and his cousins were playing with last night. He then did so and started wrapping up his favorite toy he got for Christmas, asking for tape. i gave him the tape and he let me know he was wrapping the toy for his brothers and that he wanted to make a package with other things too. "Mom, what kinds of things do they like?"
i said i wasn't sure, but that if he tried to imagine what they might like, they would surely love anything he made for them because they love him and would appreciate anything. He then said, "I mean, like, what is their favorite superhero?"
"I'm not sure, honey."
"Do you think they like Ironman? Should I draw them a picture?"
"I'll bet they'd love a picture of Ironman from you."
"Mom, I'll never forget them. They are in my heart forever."
Children say the most profound things and i am just so grateful that the Lord entrusted me with these sweet boys that teach me each day.
He has now colored pictures and asked me to help him write, "Sheldon and Thomas, I miss you."
Afterwards he told me he hopes that when they are old enough to read that they will read it lots of times and know that he loves them.
i had a bit of a hard morning, so this experience brought some lightness to my day.