Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear Everyonewhoreadmylastpost,

So I stirred the pot, didn't I?
I adore the die-hard Twilight fans who gave it right back to me. I enjoy the light hearted banter. It makes me smile when people can dish it out just like I gave it. If you only know me through the blog, you might think I'm this stubborn woman who has black and white opinions about everything from politics to religion, to Twilight and can't stand anyone with a different point of view. (Usually writers have to be that way to avoid sounding wishy washy.) The fact of the matter is most my good friends disagree with me on any or all of politics, religion and most definitely Twilight!
(GASP)
Yes. I enjoy hearing the other side of the issues. I learn a lot-- not only about the issue itself and why others feel the way they do, but also about myself and my degree of believe in what it is I am yelling from the rooftops. And you know what else?
Sometime I change my mind.
Shhhh ... don't tell anyone.
Not this time though.

4 comments:

  1. You never know. I shut my friends up about Twilight for two years telling them I WOULD NEVER read it. And although I would never claim that it was the best series EVER...I would be bummed if I hadn't read it just to be able to have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you!! Come visit!! I love it when I can sync myself with your exact thoughts. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two lines of this post made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah em! I love these latest posts! I haven't read the books and probably never will for 2 reasons: I am not the type of girl that loves watching chick flicks w/out my man--I get all melancholy and weepy like a sappy teenager or newlywed. Getting trapped in a series of books like that would be a nightmare! #2: The main theme of all of them is telling young girls that romance= codependency and enmeshent! ugh. It's the the whole "I'd die without you" mentality that is totally unhealthy and doesn't work for real life, if you ask me...which you did=)

    ReplyDelete