Dear Stephenie Meyer,
Here's the deal: I think it is way cool you wrote some books that got tweens reading who had previously hated to read. Heck, it got many Moms reading who hadn't read anything but blogs in MONTHS! Reading is awesome, and for that reason alone I can appreciate your literary works.
Two of my best friends are fans. And so is my (41 year old) sister. I do recognize that my Anti-Twilight leanings put me in the minority. But then so did birthing my son at home and not voting for Obama. Especially since most moms who birth at home then voted for Obama. Man I'm in a really strange minority. But I'm kinda used to it. It ain't no thing.
You've made a buttload of money. That too is cool. If I had thought to write the series, I certainly would have, cause girl?! you're raking it in! In a lame economy to boot! That's true talent.
So Stephenie Meyer. I commend you. Even though I make fun of Twilight. Even though I laughed out loud during the movie, offending friends who had invited me, I commend you.
Maybe we could do lunch sometime? Feel free to rip apart my blog. It's only fair.
Warmly,
Emily Ruth
I'm leaving comments open in case, ya know, Stephenie drops by.
Just for the record... I didn't like the movie. We ripped it apart after watching, if that makes you like me anymore.
ReplyDeleteI didn't care for the movie either, even though I enjoyed the book. The movie was pretty cheesy and they left a lot out. Love the post. ;0)
ReplyDeleteThat letter was great! And this was a fun topic for today. And I love that you are comfortable in the minority! And I thought parts of the movie were horribly cheesy and poorly done.
ReplyDeleteThanks for a great time today and making me smile!
But you finished it, didn't you- Couldn't stop yourself, we laugh but everyone who picks it up or pushes play sticks it out all the way to the end.
ReplyDeleteOh my dear Emily, how I love you :) thanks for the smile. I've never read the books and didn't care for the movie either. So I don't know how she's raking it all in, cause none of us seem to like it...
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh out loud at this! I don't know anything about Twilight (I seem to have a strong distaste of anything that seems to be sweeping everyone up, so I just stay away!)
ReplyDeleteAnyway- I too am a homebirther (is that a word?) that did not vote for Obama.... (I may be in Canada now, but I still lived in the US during the election.)
Anyway, I always kinda felt like I was a very strange minority also....
Nice to hear that I wasn't the only one though, like I have thought before!
OK. I like the books, and even like the movie. But I, too, laughed out loud at certain parts (although I tried to hold it in at the premiere so as not to get a boot to the back of the head)! That makes me extra weird. :P
ReplyDeleteI love when you leave comments open!
Yeah, I haven't read the books OR watched the movie. So, I am obviously with you on that one. I think you were very kind about Twilight by the way. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, I just caught your blog. Funny...I have read the series and am suprised at some of her writings. They are really a bit much for young teens. Maybe I am a prude. The movie was not GREAT. I did not stand in line for hours at 2:00 in the morning. I did not buy a shirt.
ReplyDeleteUmmm - so I guess this means that you're not going to the midnight showing of New Moon with me? hahahhahah! I love you anyhow. You, my Em, are eccentric and I think you're absolutely amazing.
ReplyDeletexoxoxox