Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This or That


You know when you have so much to say, it's hard to know which words to use and where to start? That's how I've felt in the last weeks. There were so many emotions pulsing through me that it's been hard to even pinpoint from moment to moment what I was feeling.

Excited to be moving into the home we will plant our roots?

Or simply overwhelmed at the fact this baby could come anytime in May and said home is under massive construction?

Enthralled at welcoming a new member to our family?

Or anxious at the knowledge that sometimes their mission is not here with us, no matter how much we pray and wish otherwise?

In love with Martha Stewart paint "Milk Pail"?

Or more in love with "Sea Glass"?

Muted? or Vibrant?


I was feeling muted. Trying to simplify my life, but today I need vibrancy. I need color. I need excitement.
How about you?
What color are you today?




8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!
    I LOVVVEEEEE that light teal one with the giant pulls. so gorgeous. i think i would even be happy to wash dishes in that kitchen, and that is my least favorite chore of them all!
    do it! color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all those colors!!! They are great and this morning I was just thinking I need to find Martha's paint colors.

    Loved hearing your "this + thats". Hope your mind can rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I hope to be using your Toto before too long! I miss you so much, it hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in the kitchen! Both calming & fun. Have fun choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a rainbow today! Full of hope, love, and faith! Love the post. I am not sure which I like best on your colour palets but I know I will love and enjoy seeing pictures of whichever you choose for your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, for Ocean's sake, go for VIBRANT! That's me all over: rich and glowing. (I wish I was both, but it's okay to pretend...sometimes?) Illuminating colors produce energy and excitement (something I'm trying to get more of today....snork). Keep on glowing, my preggo Cuzzin. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots and lots of color! Am currently in love with shades of yellow and orange--have I used them in my house? Not yet, but you've inspired me! And "Milk Pail" might be a super gorgeous accent wall. Or even a whole room. OOOOoo...wishing calm and serenity for you in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comments are open!!!!!!!!!!

    I am sea glass today. I'm loving it.
    And all these photos, girl, you are slaying me. I could lick them they are that good. :)

    Mmmm, I love this baby growing in your belly.

    And I love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete